Articles and Conference Papers
- Borderline, the diagnosis of shame. Presentation at National BPD Awareness Day 2011 Youtube Video presentation (2011)
- The Emperor's new clothes: on being invisible and neglected within the mental health system--a gendered perspective from a "Borderline pioneer". (PDF) Keynote Address - THEMHS Conference, Townsville (2006)
- If, When, How .... Disclosure of Disability in Employment (30 November 2005)
- Consumer Perpective, Consumer Participation and Consumer Representation
A Talk to Broadmeadows Community Health, given 14th November 2005.
- Why I am a High Profile Nutcase Paper for Australian Democrats Forum (9th October, 2005)
- Submission 207 (PDF) and attachment (PDF) to the Senate Select Committee on Mental Health (July 2005).
- Improvements in rhetoric, but the practice still lags a long way behind (PDF) Consumer participation, the most significant change in mental health practice since Burdekin. Paper presented at ‘Evolution or Revolution: the 3rd Australian Conference on Safety and Quality of Health Care’, held in Adelaide, July 2005.
- Finding Ways To Improve Consumers’ Experience Of Acute Services Talk for DHS forum on Acute Services by Merinda Epstein, 27 April, 2005.
- Borderline Personality Disorder:
Getting some action at a National level – the lament of a tired campaigner. (2004)
- On the ideological justification of resource rationing policies in Mental Health:
Speech by Merinda at Richmond Fellowship AGM meeting, November 2004.
- On Consumer Perspective Research My six minutes in Canberra in June 2004.
- Record Linkage for better Public Health: the state of play
- Mental Health and Work. Mental illness as a litmus test for the emotional health of the workplace. Presented to the Western Australian Association for Mental Health WAAMH and the Launch of Mental Health Week (7th October 2001)
- The Chocolate Cake Factor – ‘deep dialogue’ in practice. Presented to the National Association Loss and Grief Conference on 5th October 2001.
- Bringing about change in Mental Health systems and Service Organisations. November 2000.
- Promoting Women's Mental Health. Presented to the Promoting Women's Mental Health Conference on 29th -31st July 1999.
- Competency standards for OTs in mental health (PDF). October 1999.
- Semantics, Ethics, and the distribution of resources (PDF). Prepared for the Who Gets What Services: Clinical and Funding Perspectives in Mental Health Conference, Sydney. Thursday 21st January 1999. Merinda Epstein and Anne Olsen
- The Deep Dialogue Project Evaluation (PDF). May 1998.
- One Stigma or Many (1995)